Saturday, June 4, 2011

sometimes sadness takes over

i miss my grampa so much today. 
i was packing for New York,
 and just wanted to pick up the phone and tell him about it. 
he was always so proud of me 
and of all the places i was going.

i started looking through old pictures and came across this one.
it seems no one ever takes pictures of the sad times. 
so for some reason i love this picture...
it reminds me of what i have loved and what i have lost
and makes me strive to build a new stronger version of the life i was already living.

when my grampa passed away- mario and i were the last in my family to arrive.
he walked in the door and held my gramma as she wept. 
and then she asked if i was there yet...
when we embraced, it was a kind of love i've never known.
i knew from that moment on, things were forever changed.

its been almost 2 years now 
and i miss him. 

i miss him so friggin much it hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment